Friday, March 13, 2009

The Most Important Thing in Life?

In a recent Greek language class, I was asked to answer a question written in our book. "What do you think is the most important thing in life?"

It was my chance to answer first, in Greek, of course. I told the class in my very fundamental Greek that I thought one's relationship with God was the most important thing in life. Others answered love or understanding one self.

As we got up to go to break, my teacher said he respects people who think God is important but that he just found it really hard to believe that there is really a God who loves him. I said really, to me it makes everything make sense. It was an interesting conversation around the table and was quite eye-opening to hear other peoples' views about God.

Another conversation from my class this week was one man who said he didn't want to have kids because he is so discouraged with humankind in general.

Gosh, I am no longer in Wheaton anymore and I pray that I can be an effective tool in sharing with others in my class the love of God that I know and that gives my life purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Peggy. I still pray often for the new friends I made while studying at the Athens Center. May they truly know the love of God. I am SO thankful we work together, have I told you that recently? ;) Love ya!